Sunday, January 22, 2017

Hannah

Words fail me. I simply can't express the emotion I feel as I look down on the sleeping day old baby resting in my arms. Perfection. A sense of wonder. Those tiny fingers gripping mine cause my heart to swell to an almost unbearable love. Tears roll down my face.

I've been a daughter , a sister , an aunt , a mother, a mother in law, a wife , a friend, a sister in law, a co worker , a manager, a comedian, a neighbor, a niece, and many other roles. This one, grandmother, feels different. Holding the child of my child.

Love at first sight. I would take on the world to protect her. I can't wait to teach her. I can't wait to tell her stories about her dad, my son. I can't wait to hear what she ends up calling me.

What a blessing!  What a gift!  Time stops. Worry and anxiety and fear and stress have no place here in my world as I hold this bundle of perfection. Only an overwhelming gratefulness and love fill my hear now.

Hannah is here. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. You are right, there is something special about being a grandmother, especially to a beautiful little baby girl.

    ReplyDelete