I have always loved Sunflowers. I don’t know why. I love yellow. My mom loved sunflowers. That’s probably a big part of it. A weeks ago I was watching tv and there was a minister on a channel I flipped to. He was talking about sunflowers following the sun. I never knew this about them. But I looked it up on the internet and sure enough they exhibit something called heliotropism, which means in the bud stage they follow the sun from east to west, returning to east when the sun goes away. I find this fascinating and the parallel between myself and the sunflower is obvious. Sunflowers follow the sun. I follow the SON. Christ is a focal point in my life. I couldn’t make it without my faith and my belief in all that Christ represents. As long as I follow the Son, my life will bloom. When I am asleep, my body is resting. But each morning I wake up and the Son is there and I follow him throughout the day, wherever I may be, in sorrow or in joy, in blessings and in trials, my heart is always turned toward the Lord. This is the symbolism of the Sunflower to me. I have sunflowers everywhere in my house, one entire room decorated with them. Now I look at them with a different eye. They are constant, continual reminders of Christ’s love for me. I will always, follow the Son. One final thought. I read in the article on Sunflowers that typically wild sunflowers don’t turn toward the sun. Just as there are some people who don’t turn toward the Son. Food for thought. Blessings. LeeAnn
No comments:
Post a Comment