Could it be that I have run out of things to say? Don't count on it. That will probably never happen. I have blogged 54 days in a row. With the exception of one day, when I simply posted my favorite joke, I have written my thoughts or expanded on my mom's thoughts every single day.
You might say I'm obsessed with blogging. It has certainly helped me work through some things. I highly recommend it, even if you don't post it. There is something about writing down your thoughts that helps to clear all the gunk out of your mind. Sometimes, when I am so overwhelmed with thoughts and feelings and having one of those days where I can't focus and I start to pray and my mind goes a hundred different dircections, I will sit and write out or type out my prayer. Its amazing how doing that can focus you. I have even compiled those written prayers in a notebook entitled Conversations with God. Its fun to look back and see just how those prayers are answered.
I have a lot of my plate right now. Wouldn't have it any other way. Life is a giant buffet. I want to do so many things, connect with so many people, finish so many projects. But every once in a blue moon, my body and my mind hit that point of exhaustion at the same time and I know its time to take a break. So thats what I did today. I don't feel guilty (well maybe a little) cause the 5 hour nap I just took is 5 hours I could have been doing something productive, or creative...but I must've needed it.
God knew what he was doing when he created the Sabbath and made it a day of rest. I took full advantage of that this afternoon. The only thing I've really done today is go to Church. Church was wonderful as usual and an opportunity for me to recharge my batteries. It has become such a big part of my life that I don't know that I could do without it. The people at Church are truly a part of my family and I cherish each of them. We played handbells during the service today and that always lifts my spirits. Such beautiful music and 12 people creating it. With even one missing it changes the song.
Every single person in the handbell choir, every single person in the choir, every single person at my workplace has something to contribute. I never miss an opportunity to contribute if its possible. So my schedule stays full. The last guy I "dated" if you can call it that said he was going to teach me how to relax. What he didn't realize is that when I am doing all the things I do that is my form of relaxation. One guy said I was busier than a one eyed cat watching 2 mouse holes. True. But that is my personality. That is when I am truly my best. When I'm doing something. People energize me. The more I have to do the happier I am. That has always been true of me and will probably never change.
So now, I feel refreshed. I am ready to focus on the week ahead. I have lots of plans for the month ahead. I will be going to Dallas, to Springdale, to Stillwater at least twice, to Kingfisher and to Sallisaw. I have 2 Volunteer banquets to do my comedy at, I have a lunch date with an old friend, I am going to see my brother play at Eskimo Joes, attend a family birthday party, a reunion meeting, handbell performance, and Easter penciled in. And thats just the weekends. I needed the rest today. I am rested, relaxed and ready to go. Life is waiting!
Have a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment