I spent the day thinking about some of the people that have crossed my path in the last few years. So many people that I have come to know, some more than others. All of these people have had an impact on my life in some way or another. Old friends, new friends, and people you didn't expect to be friends with.
Life is full of surprises and sometimes its people that surprise you. Take for example my friend John aka Twin Guy. John and I have been chatting for several months and about a month ago had a chance to finally meet. Not what either of us expected. For the record, I have to say that I thought he was a really good looking guy. Unfortunately, for me anyway, the attraction was not mutual..The date was "okay" but not great. It was like 2 old buddies hanging out, not what I had expected. A week or so after the "date" we spoke on the phone and as usual had a great conversation. I was honest with him about some things he had said that hurt my feelings and he was honest with me about how he felt. We could have left it at that but I missed talking to him and he missed talking to me. We had become friends in the weeks prior to our "date" and neither of us wanted to lose that friendship. And so, we have decided that even though there is no "romantic" future for us, we want to stay friends and continue to build a relationship. John is a great guy. He has full custody of his 11 year old twins and he is a wonderful father. In fact, what attracted me to him in the first place was his heart for his kids. Our backgrounds are about as different as night and day and we have very little in common other than a love for music. But...
The fact of the matter is, we like each other. Our phone conversations are upbeat and easy and I find that I like him more each time we talk. He makes me laugh. He tells me stories of life in a small town and of growing up on a farm that fascinate me. He teases me about being a city girl. And one thing I have learned in my 52 years on earth....you can never have too many friends. And so today, on John's birthday I'd like to say Happy Birthday to a great guy. May our friendship continue for many years to come. LeeAnn
No comments:
Post a Comment