Friday, September 16, 2011

Belated Birthday Thoughts

Here it is.  My belated birthday blog.  I really wanted to blog on my birthday but the last few days of this week have been hectic and chaotic and I have not had a chance to sit down and write my thoughts about the year that passed and the year to come.
I will say that the last year, my 52nd was one of the best years I have ever had.  I think it has to do with the fact that starting with the Muskogee Follies last year  and going through to my 53rd year start date I have had a lot of good things happen .
The follies last year were an absolute blast and I got to try some new things…acting and dancing. One I liked, one I didn’t. LOL  I got to perform my comedy at several functions and events  which is always fun and fulfilling. 
I started writing again, my books and my blogs. Writing this blog has been a significant blessing to me. The response has been totally amazing and it has been a source of stress relief and self reflection for me.  I have been able to share my faith, my outlook on life, stories about myself and my family and my dating disasters in my blog.  Or as my dad calls it “my bog”…LOL
I started exercising and taking care of myself again and have reaped the rewards in weight loss, feeling better and looking better. My self esteem has improved considerably.
Lots of other significant moments happened last year.  My son Andy graduated from OSU, my son Chris found a job he loves.  Juliet and Chris celebrated 4 years of marriage. 
One of the best things this year has been the 35th class reunion organizing.  Through that website of classmates I have reconnected with people I had lost touch with and made some friends that I didn’t know well in high school but now consider to be a big part of my life.
And finally, after months and months of  bad dates and bad experiences with the dating “game” and reaching a point of thinking it was time to give up on that, I have met someone and am in a relationship that has great potential. 
So what lies ahead for me.  I am looking forward to the class reunion next weekend, I have the Muskogee Senior Follies coming up end of October, 2 booked comedy performances coming up the end of this month, a trip to Dallas to see my childhood best friend Joni and see my brother perform. I will continue to work on my books, write in my blog, sing in the choir and play handbells.  I will continue to exercise and keep heading toward my weight loss goal which ultimately will boost my health and my self esteem.  I have a great guy to continue to get to know better. I have great friendships that I will continue to nurture. 
I’m feeling no limits.  I intend to continue to embrace life to the fullest.  To get out there and take risks. Whatever comes my way, I’m up for.  I have the strength and wisdom of 52 years behind me.  I can’t wait to see what lies ahead.
Happy Birthday to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment