I have come to love going to the Checotah McDonalds for my
daily diet dr. pepper before work because they give me such good comedy
material. In the past had the discussion
with the one girl who didn’t know raisins were a fruit. Then a couple of weeks ago, the sign that
said no $50 or $100 bills ALOUD. Today
as I pulled up, there was a handwritten sign taped to the menu board that said,
Sorry no boy toys. When the lady came on
to take my order I said “ well, I was gonna order a boy toy but since you are
out of them I guess I’ll just take a diet dr. pepper” She didn’t say anything for a second. Then she started laughing. Oh, she said, you mean happy meal toy!. I said, “yea you might want to write in no
happy meal boy toys.” Then as I pulled
up to pay, I noticed the car in front of me had a tag that read 069hor . I think I’d refuse that tag if it were
mine! She was probably there for a boy
toy.
Sometimes you write or say something and it comes out
entirely different than you intended. The other day I was going somewhere and
the Little Caesar pizza advertiser people were standing on the corner with
signs. Normally, I don’t pay
attention. But apparently, the girls
that were advertising the pizza were going on to a swim party next because they
had on bikini tops, cut off shorts and were holding signs that said “hot and
ready”. That seems a little creepy to
me. Bet they had lots of “ boy toys”
doing a double take.
Last week I did an in-service on stress. At the end of my “talk” I handed out smiley
face stress balls. Immediately following,
we had an insurance rep come to talk to us about insurance. I told the insurance lady that I had the
group ready and de-stressed and told her about the stress balls. A little later in her presentation, right
before she told us the price on the insurance, she said now is everyone ready
to hear the rates, everyone stress free?
If not, squeeze your balls.”
There was a short moment of silence before someone began to laugh. The insurance lady turned red and her boss
who was observing said to me afterwards that he owed me one. He was able to see how his new “presenter”
handled “stress”. LOL Suprisingly, I think her little slip up relieved
more stress than my presentation.
Laughter is good for the soul.
Which is why I love making people laugh.
Many years ago, when I was in Insurance, we had a group called Insurance Women of Muskogee and I was in charge of guest speakers. I had this lady come who was a humorist and worked for the Oklahoma Clown Hall of Fame. She and many others like her went around to hospitals and made people laugh. I remember thinking “I could do that”. That was 20 years ago. Maybe I’ll look into that and see if that organization still exists. There is nothing quite so fulfilling to me than to make someone laugh or smile.
Many years ago, when I was in Insurance, we had a group called Insurance Women of Muskogee and I was in charge of guest speakers. I had this lady come who was a humorist and worked for the Oklahoma Clown Hall of Fame. She and many others like her went around to hospitals and made people laugh. I remember thinking “I could do that”. That was 20 years ago. Maybe I’ll look into that and see if that organization still exists. There is nothing quite so fulfilling to me than to make someone laugh or smile.
Sometimes, it’s inadvertently. Sometimes it’s on purpose like when I do a
comedy performance. The ad-libbed
comments that produce laughter are definitely my favorite both to initiate and
to have happen to me. My mom and I had a
lot of moments like that. She was the queen
of silly. She was constantly saying”LeeAnn,
tell them about the time you……” Always,
some funny thing that had happened to me.
Ironically, she thought I was hilarious and I thought the same about
her. She could make me smile and laugh
like no other.
I don’t know if I actually have more funny things happen to
me than other people or if I just look for the humor in everything and find
it. Maybe it’s a combination of
both. There was one period of time where
I penned several chapters of a book that I am working on….kind of an
autobiographical thing…..with such titles as
Love Hurts (written when a
painting fell off the wall and slashed my face at a very inopportune time if
you get my drift) Biting that Hand that Feeds You about picking up the stray Yorkie that was
about to get run over only to be bitten, crapped on and forced to endure the
rabies series of shots…..all because of a 2 pound dog I Can’t
See Clearly because I Swallowed my lenses…about swallowing my contact
lenses due to using a hotel cup to float
them in overnight when I didn’t have a case and getting up in the middle of the
night for a drink” and many, many more experiences that I felt compelled to
write down.
Last week I had to go to the doctor because of a sore throat
and congestion that wasn’t getting any better.
As usual, by the time the appointment rolled around I was feeling good
again but thought I better get checked out anyway just in case I needed an
antibiotic. The doctor said, hop up here
on the table and let me take a look at your throat. I hopped up on the table and as he was
examining my throat my bra decided to unhook itself and the force of the
boobies being unleashed caused my shirt to pop up and hit him in the chin. He stood back kinda stunned. I was
mortified but recovered and made some
comment about maybe it was time for my yearly breast exam….and then had him
turn his back while I took off my shirt and re-hooked the bra, and he finished
examining my throat. LOL He was still red
faced when I left the examining room.
Tonight I am auditioning for a role in a comedy play that
Muskogee Little Theater is doing. I have
never auditioned for a “role” before. I
am sure there will be a lot of qualified real actresses there to audition. I figure what the heck. It’s something I haven’t done and you know me
and my quest of adventure. I figure it
its meant to be it’ll be. If not, then I
will have one more experience to add to my repertoire and I am sure that it
will be memorable regardless of the outcome. The fact that I am attending a
Memorial Service where I’m sure I’ll be cryingand going straight from there to a theater to audition for a
comedy role is proof that I am a very versatile individual.
I’d tell myself break a leg, but I probably would.
Laughs,
LeeAnn
No comments:
Post a Comment