Ok so to continue the topic from yesterdays blog here are the other 5 things about women that drive men crazy. Am I guilty. Or not guilty?
# 6 You play coy. This goes on to talk about the “games” women play. The example they gave was:
If you like us, let us know. If you don’t, let us go. This game where you pretend you don’t care and secretly hope we chase you down is for teenagers. You think men like the chase? Perhaps. You think we like guessing whether we’re wasting our time? No.
I can 100% say I am not guilty of this. I couldn’t hide my feelings if I wanted to. You pretty much know where you stand with me. Its rare that someone has to ask! I wear my heart on my sleeve (not something I like necessarily but I just do). I’d make a terrible poker player. Unfortunately, this translates into not “having game” according to a few of my single friends. I understand the reverse psychology, the make them think you don’t like them so they like you more mindset. But I don’t participate. I don’t want to have “game”. I want to be able to be open, honest, and myself. Genuine.
#7 Women place more importance on what a guy is thinking rather than on what he is doing.
Here is the example they used. You ask, “What are you thinking?” and we say, “Nothing.” You figure this must be a lie, and decide that we aren’t willing to communicate with you. The problem is, this is the wrong question to ask. We’re action-oriented. You don’t need to ask what we’re thinking, just watch what we’re doing. Coming home late every night? We’re not happy at home. Not calling you back even though we said, “I love you?” We don’t love you. For men a change in behavior is more significant than the words they do or don’t say.
Ok, this one I may be guilty of! And I was 1 for 7 pretty much. Oh well! I do put a lot of importance on what people say. Men and women. I don’t want to have to figure out what someone is thinking by watching their actions. I would much rather have someone say what they think and mean what they say. Maybe, because I am such a communicator I have too high expectations of a man to be able to communicate with me with words. I’d rather be told (hurtful as it may be) I’m not interested in you than have someone just stop calling. Words mean a lot to me. It’s the combination of words AND action that I find most appealing. Probably most women do. You can send me flowers everyday but if you never say I love you then I probably won’t think you do. Words and actions need to match. Don’t say I think we should meet and then find a reason not to every time the opportunity arises. And certainly don’t say I love you if you don’t mean it. That’s the absolute worst.
#8 Women don’t understand a man’s need for alone time.
I totally understand it. Because my alone time is so important to me. I totally get it. Period. Doesn’t apply.
# 9 You have a complicated set of double standards. This one made me laugh out loud. The example they used was that a woman offers to split the check then gets mad because the man takes them up on it. Or wants to be included in making plans but when asked what do you want to do gets mad because the guy hasn’t taken charge and made plans. I have no defense on this one. This scenario rings a bell. "do you want to go to the car show this weekend" Sure that sounds fun. (you think every once in a while he'd realize that looking at old cars is not my thing). Thats the best example I can think of. Well there was the "don't buy me anything for my birthday because I know we're a little tight budget wise" (what a jerk, you think he could buy me something at least on my birthday). Enough said. Guilty. I'll work on this.
# 10 You want us to change but then we lose respect when we give in. The example they gave was of a woman that wanted her husband to get a different job so he’d have more time with her, then when he did complained that he was home too much and that he was weak for having given into her. I racked my brain trying to come up with an example of a time that I wanted someone to change and they did and I still complained. Couldn’t come up with anything. But since I didn’t think the # 1 thing applied to me (thinking of men as fix it projects we need to change)…this doesn’t surprise me. The bottom line is that change is something you have to do for yourself. Not because someone else wants you to or to make someone else happy. If they benefit because you have made the decision to change something about yourself that you don’t like (and they don’t like) then that’s a bonus.
So there it is. Top 10 things women do to drive men crazy. I think I scored 3 for 10. Not bad. Now I am left to ponder the top 10 reasons why if I don’t do that many of the things that drive men crazy, I haven’t met anyone who is crazy about me. Well, I have met a few crazies who were crazy about me in the last few years. And I’ve been crazy about a few people. And several men have driven me crazy…that’s the next list. 10 things men do to drive women crazy. Another blog, another day. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment