Thursday, July 7, 2011

Aniversario feliz

Happy Anniversary to my son Chris and his beautiful (inside and out) wife Juliet. They have been married 4 years today. They got married on 7/7/7. Juliet had only been in the U.S. a month when they drove to Eureka Springs and got married with a couple of friends as witnesses. What fun it was to plan a reception for them and to go with Juliet and help her pick out her wedding dress. Since I have boys, that was an especially neat thing for me.

I couldn't have picked a better mate for my son if I had done the picking myself. From the first day I met her, I have loved this girl. What I love most about her is that she obviously loves Chris. That was evident from the way her face lit up when he came into the room. As the "giddyness" of those first few months has worn off, I have watched as their love has grown into a more mature, accepting kind of love. But they still light up when they see each other. After 4 years.

I wish I could be around in 46 years to help them celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. I might be but at 98 but I probably wouldn't know what was going on. LOL I am confident that they will beat the odds and be together for the rest of their lives. They have their priorities straight. Both put God first, then each other.

Staying married today is not an easy task. Our culture is a "do what makes you happy" culture. When the romance wanes, when hard times come I think a lot of couples have a tendency to bail out and start over with someone new. Marriage, any relationship really, is a give and take. A balance of you and me and us.

And so, as Chris and Juliet celebrate their 4th year together I want to say I love you both and I'm very proud of you. Happy Anniversary! Aniversario feliz!

No comments:

Post a Comment