Saturday, August 6, 2011

Toast with Paprika

I have become a pro at spotting the scammers on the on-line sites.  And last night I actually had 2 at the same time.  Ok, don’t freak out. The email they have doesn’t have my name in it.  And I have the ability to block them when I figure out they aren’t what they say they are.  The funny thing about it was they both “winked” at me about the same time and wanted to instant message. So I was talking to both and their stories were almost identical…and very similar to the ones in the past that I have figured out weren’t who they said they were.  Like the guy who said he lived in Hulbert but when questioned knew nothing about the town…Example:  I typed they have a great Restaurant there named Billie’s on Main Street (totally made up)…oh yea, he says. I go there every morning for coffee.  I have become creative and cunning in getting the information from these “fakers”.  Last night both were “widowed”, an only child who had lost their parents earlier in a car accident”, were from a foreign country originally…one France, the other Belize…..both had one child....and both were super handsome in their pictures. Not to knock myself but too handsome to be interested in ordinary me.  One lives now in Memphis but hadn’t heard of Beall Street, the other in Wichita (couldn’t think of anything to trip him up).  Anyway, the point is they both professed that they had seen my photo and their worlds had come to a halt because they knew God had sent them the angel they were searching for.  Ok, that made me laugh out loud just typing it.
However, I do have to say that this morning, before I got around to blocking one of them, he sent me this message.  And had he been real can you imagine a man that says things like this?  I thought the email was beautiful.  Especially the prayer.  So in the interest of good things can come from even the bad things (bad being the guy is a liar)…I thought I’d share it with my friends. 

Thank you, LORD, for another day.Thank you for the sun and the deep blue sky.Thank you for the cool Autumn air.Thank you for eggs and bacon,and toast with cinnamon.
Help us to remember that all good things come from you,And help us always to be thankful.
Dear Lord,Help us to be good today.Forgive us for the times we did what we wanted to do,
instead of what you wanted me to do.Today is a new day,and I can start brand new
because you have forgiven us.Help us to be a blessing today.
Use us to bring happiness to those you love.
Dear Lord, your love is better than anything else in the world.And you love us.
Help us always to remember that.Take good care of us when we are going out there and bring us back to our home.Thank you, LORD this is what am saying from you in Jesus name i pray Amen.


 
Is that not the most beautiful prayer?  The part about eggs and bacon and toast with cinnamon made me smile remembering a time long ago when I in my sleepy, cranky, I don’t want to be bothered before at least 2 cups of coffee self, I granted Andy’s special request for me to make him some cinnamon toast one Saturday morning.  Instead of the cinnamon though I grabbed paprika.  Andy commented the toast tasted weird and I told him it was because his taste buds weren’t awake yet and that he shouldn’t be and I shouldn’t be and I was going back to bed so enjoy your toast and don’t wake me up again.  Later when I went into the kitchen and saw that I had the paprika out on the counter I felt bad.
Poor Andy.  One morning he asked for pancakes.  Again, when you wake me up on a Saturday morning and I don’t have to be up you get what you deserve.  Anyway, I begrudgingly made the pancakes, drowned them with syrup and went to deliver them to him in the recliner where he was happily watching cartoons and had already set up his tv tray in anticipation of his yummy breakfast.  Imagine his surprise when I tripped on the rug and the pancakes , syrup and all landed on his head.  Felt bad about that too. 
After those two incidents, which happened in a time span of a couple of months, Andy started eating cereal and letting me sleep.  LOL
Ok so back to the faker guy.  Here is the email he wrote.  Now if a REAL man wrote these words to me I would just melt I think…Or think he’d been in the sun too long or hitting the bottle.

.
Good Morning,

When you wake up in the morning, kiss your loved one on the forehead and wish them a good day How are you doing this morning..?Hope everything is well with you.I really enjoy talking to you yesterday, you sound very good everyman will like to be with but as time goes on we will see what will happen.I hope good thing will come out of it.
A true friend is always be there when the whole world left you, he always cheers you up when the whole world has turned you down and he never asks you to act like an angel but he becomes your angel. A person who will cry with me, laugh with me, fight with me, and a person that would be there for me, is my friend.
A friend comforts you when you are down, supports you when you struggle, and celebrates when you succeed. But a BEST friend feels pain when you are hurt and holds you as you cry together, walks with you every step as you struggle, and rejoices with you at every success. That is the type of friend i want to be for you... We all have to know life is too short and we have to make good use of the life we have now as time wait for no one.....Looking forward to hear from you. Take care and have a blessed day.Hugs and Kisses
Ok so  I kissed Quincy the Yorkie and wished him a good day. Haven’t made it outside to kiss the husky.  When you live alone your choice of loved ones to kiss is limited.  ILOVE the line about everyman will like to be with me…..NOT!  Otherwise I wouldn’t be on the stupid site!  The words about a true friend were sweet and trite and I have to say I have a lot of those and for that  I am grateful and blessed.  If you think I’m referring to you then I probably am.  Thanks for being there for me.  And yes I have a few true friends who can be upgraded to the Best friend category.   One of these days I am going to get around to a blog about these BFF’s that have made me a better person and enriched my life so much.
My favorite line though from the ENTIRE email is the one about making good use of the life we have now as time waits for no one.  This is my new mantra.  This is what I started my year with on New Years Day…not those exact words but that exact sentiment.  THERE is NO ONE that is gonna live my life for me, no one is gonna get healthy for me, no one is gonna take a risk and allow possible hurt to find Love, no one is gonna seek out opportunities to serve, to perform for me.  And so the words I wrote on 1/1/11 were not exact but similar..In my journal I wrote “its time to participate in life, not wait for it to happen.  Its time to jump in and experience it, nothing to hold me back except myself”. 
I’ve done a pretty good job of that I think so far.  I’m still pretty cranky when I wake up as my co-workers will attest….they know that until I have my coffee and say something funny to tread lightly. 
And I challenge each of you to do the same.  As fake Memphis guy says…time waits for no one.
REAL hugs and kisses.    LeeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment