I was talking to a friend a couple weeks ago about a guy that I met on line that was supposedly very shy. He said watch out for those shy guys because they can turn on a dime. I had no idea what he meant. I looked it up and the explanation was some car analogy about a car being able to turn around in a very small space. But I got the idea. Sometimes life can turn on a dime. Sometime things just happen good and bad and all of the sudden your life is totally different.
Grady was actually right on target about the shy guy who wasn’t at all shy and turned out to be a major jerk. Turns out Mr. Shy and introverted was a “player” of the worst sort. Chapter 11 by the way for those of you who are keeping track. I'm hopeful that it could be the last. Not having a Chapter 12 in a dating disaster/disapointment book would be pretty great.
Sometimes the change that comes about and that changes everything isn't a good one. In what was one of the most hurtful things I have ever had happen to me, a relationship that means the world to me (not a romantic one) turned on a dime this week and went from close to stinging hatefilled words that caused a lot of tears.I still am not sure what happened in that situation. I’ve had to put aside the feelings for now because I’m not ready to deal with the severity of it. But definitely that was a turn on a dime experience.
Sometimes the change that comes about and that changes everything isn't a good one. In what was one of the most hurtful things I have ever had happen to me, a relationship that means the world to me (not a romantic one) turned on a dime this week and went from close to stinging hatefilled words that caused a lot of tears.I still am not sure what happened in that situation. I’ve had to put aside the feelings for now because I’m not ready to deal with the severity of it. But definitely that was a turn on a dime experience.
And from date after date after date with men who were not what they appeared to be, or not interested in me,…..to the point I had thrown up my hands and said “I cannot do this anymore...I’m tired of even trying to having a first, 2nd, 3rd , 4th date with a man that is absolutely the most genuine, nice, thoughtful and respectful guy I have met since my divorce. Talk about life turning on a dime. From dead end, I give up, I’m sick of the players and sick of being disrespected to being able to change my status on facebook to “in a relationship” …what a nice feeling. Been a long time since someone made me feel the way I feel today. Been a long time since I felt this hopeful and this happy.
Which goes back to my “go with the flow personality” and the reason for it. In my almost 53 years (ok I still have a week to be 52, don’t rush it) I have learned that sometimes as the Mary Chapin Carpenter songs says “you’re the windshield, sometimes you’re the bug”. You never know what tomorrow will bring. Every day is full of possibilities. You may lose a relationship, you may gain a relationship. Friday I was definetly the bug. Monday and Tuesday spent with an amazing guy who thinks “my smile lights up the room” and “you are something special…I recognized that the moment I met you “…WOW…I can get used to that. Life is a whole lot simpler if you embrace the fact that ultimately you don’t have control. Circumstances change, people change, and accepting the good with the bad and hoping for the best is a good way to live.
Yep, life can turn on a dime….and I’m ready for the “change”.
No comments:
Post a Comment