Friday, February 3, 2012

Random Ramblings


I realized today when I was reading back through some older blogs looking for a specific one that I had written after a bad date to refresh my memory on some of the details for book purposes that my blog pretty much  could be considered a diary of the last year.  I started the blog with the very first one in February   and it was about quilts and how much I love them….thru the days and months that followed I blogged about adventures in dating, and frustrations with people, and my take on scriptures and being single , and pretty much daily ups and downs.  I threw in a humorous twist to many, not purposefully but if you are around me much you find that I digress when I talk and go off into other stories and usually they are funny things that have happened along the way……. Blogging has been like a therapy to me.  A way to get the thoughts out of my head and onto paper so that I can clear my head and prepare to load it up the next day with stories and adventures.  That’s how I see life.  As one big adventure.  And it’s pretty amazing and gratifying that it’s had so many views.

I noticed that as my life got busier and more hectic paced that I slowed down on my blogging.  Stuff still happens to me and I have started jotting down bits and pieces of things to jog my memory so that when I have time I can blog about them.    Finding time is a little harder nowadays.  Work for one has become a big stress for me with all the new changes and sometimes when I come home I just can’t find the energy to even express myself.  Everyone jokes that my blogs have slowed down because I’m “in love” but I don’t think that is really the reason.  I’m just not encountering all the ‘idiots and jerks” that I did when I was so “out there” in the dating realm.  I maintain that there are some wonderful men and women on line….and that it is worth the time to weed through those because you will eventually find someone like Joe did me, or I did Joe and it makes it all seem worthwhile. 

A lot of people I care deeply about are in the midst of some pretty challenging life circumstances and I have spent a lot of time trying to be a shoulder to lean on…thanking God for the compassionate heart he put within me. 

I have had some pretty big health challenges in the last few months and adjusting to becoming insulin dependent has been challenging at times.  After my visit this week to the endocrinologist  and a change in one of my medications and the side effects that come along with that I have realized how important it is to make an effort to stay healthy and avoid the health issues that are avoidable.   I’m walking again and kicking myself for ever stopping that routine because now I’m having to work back up to where I was in terms of exercise and work back down in terms of weight. 

It’s like life is one big juggling act and getting all the balls to stay in the air is a pretty big undertaking.   There never seems to be enough hours in the day to do all the things I need to do, let alone the things I want to do.  Sometimes setting priorities is the priority.  Finding that balance, that perfect mix that makes you feel happy and content is pretty important. 

Sometimes it seems like just when you get one area of your life going well, another area starts giving you trouble.  For example,  I used to love my job and feel sad about being alone.  Now I love not being alone but feel sad about my job and the changes there.   

Overall, I’d say I’m pretty incredibly happy at the moment.  Oh, sure there are days I dread going to work.  Who doesn’t have those days.  And some days when I am injecting myself with insulin I have a mini pity party…then I remind myself to be grateful for insulin.  If there had been such a thing in the 60’s my Grandmother would probably have lived a lot longer. 

As I looked back thru my year of blogging I realize how much I enjoy life.  All its ups and downs..Finding humor in the stressful things is probably my best life skill. 

This month is full of wonderful things to come.  9 days and I’ll be Mrs. Joe Swanson…Valentines Day I will have a real Valentine this year, the 15th is Joe’s birthday.  My son Andy’s birthday is coming up on the 28th.  My brothers Garry and Robert are February birthdays and an opportunity to blog about them  and what they mean to me.  Auditions are coming up for a play at the Muskogee Little Theater that I am hoping to get the lead in cause it’s a comedy about a woman in a mid life crisis that seems tailor made for me.   

Dear Diary…er blog......today was a stressful day at work.  I got through it.  I walked at the park on my lunch hour, got my hair highlighted, drank 64 ounces of water, sent 3 sympathy cards, ordered my bouquet.  Tomorrow I am attending a baby shower, going to a wrap party  where you are wrapped in a cloth that supposedly takes off inches…hey I’ll try anything once, well most anything, checking out the giant garage sale at my Church, keeping my walking commitment and hopefully finding time to take a nap in the midst.  Good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment